Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Overalls: hit or miss

Ok... big debate over here today. Here are my arguments:

1. Part of me wants to run... skip to the nearest store and jump into a pair of these because I have been waiting my whole adult life for these bad boys to return!

2. The other part remembers how unflattering they used to be... and well, they just reminds me of the terrible fashion in the early 90s.

cuffed // skinny + white (unknown) // dark washed // floral

But with their modern spin and the fact that fashion always comes full circle, what do you think: hit or miss?

I have to say, doing the research for this post kinda has me sold. How cute are these outfits?!

10 comments:

viv said...

I love this look but it's not one that just anyone can pull off. I think you need to be pretty skinny and have NO hips! eek. xx

Erin said...

Adorable if you have sticks for legs and have absolutely zero thighs.

Stacey @ Likes to Smile said...

I think overalls are gutsy. They are either going to look amazing or awful, but there will be no in between.

Unknown said...

I remember wearing them in the early 90s- SO comfy!!

always, koru kate

Alexa said...

Ok I'm not sold. They would look utterly ridiculous on me. Maybe because of my short height...but I think you have to have the perfect stature for them.

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

Oh wow, I used to have a pair of overall shorts. Lordy! I think I was in the 9th grade and they were cool!! I don't think I'd go for them today. Maybe if If were a little bit taller and leaner?

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

ALLIE NYC said...

Yeah overalls are always a wee bit dicey when it comes to fashion. But I must say the way the first 2 are styled they are not half bad. Also I nominated you for a Liebster Award check out may post today.

Ali of

www.dressingken.com

Unknown said...

hm, I don't know about this trend... The white ones do look good in the top right photo, but I'm not sure anyone except that girl (and anyone tall/skinny) could pull it off.
xoxo Aimee
bowsandbeau-ties.blogspot.com

Ashley Brickner said...

Just found your blog and I love all the fashion!! I have to admit - I would probably rock a pair of these! :)

wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

miss ): but I loved them in junior high. i think i'd feel foolish in them ): which makes me sad

www.mysoulisthesky.com