Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Trip to Italy, part 3: Cinque Terre

I am wrapping up our trip to Italy with our stay in Cinque Terre. (Here are our adventures in Rome. and Florence if you missed those!)

Cinque Terre was gorgeous! Just as picturesque as the photos you can find online.
At the end of our stay in Florence, we had a tour booked for a full day hiking trek through Cinque Terre.

The tour worked out perfectly for us since we planned on staying the next two nights in Cinque Terre. The tour left from Florence's main train station and we were able to bring our luggage with us and keep in on the bus for the day.
Manarola
The bus took us to the village of Manarola, where we began our hike. We hiked north through four of the five villages of Cinque Terre: Manarola, Corniglia, Vernazza, Monterosso. From there, we took a boat down to Riomaggiore, the southern most village of Cinque Terre.
Looking back at Corniglia
Village of Vernazza

We stayed in Manarola and Monterossa for one night each, following the full day hiking tour.

Our day in Monterosso was spent at the beach under these lovely umbrellas. Some of the beach space is free, while others you can rent a chair, umbrella and a changing cabin. We opted for Bagni Eden Beach Club and it was €16 for the two of us.

Beautiful beaches of Monterosso

Sunset stroll through Monterosso

Restaurants:
Marina Piccolo, Manarolo: Delicious and right on the water! Reservations recommended.
L'Ancora della Tortuga, Monterosso: Views & setting on the upstairs terrace are amazing! Definitely make reservations.
Il Porticciolo, Vernazza: We indulged in a little gelato after our long hike. It was delicious! And they had cinnamon- my favorite!

Hotels:
Hotel Ca d'Andrean, Manarola: Highly recommended. Spacious rooms and a large balcony with ocean and village views.
Hotel Pasquale, Monterosso: Also definitely recommend. Only a couple steps from the beach and every room has an ocean view.

On Milan:
We actually ended our trip (and flew out) of Milan. But to be honest, Milan wasn't nearly as eventful as Rome, Florence or Cinque Terre. I think by the time we got there, we were less concerned with hitting all the 'must-see' spots and being on a schedule. Instead, we spent our time shopping, wandering the city and enjoying aperitivo by the canal: Navigli District.

I am happy to give more detailed recommendations or reviews of any of the cities we went to! Send me an email anytime- I'm happy to help!

26 comments:

ALLIE NYC said...

Wow your trip sounds so exciting I'm dying to do more traveling!

Ali of

Dressing Ken



Amy Breckenridge said...

i've always wanted to go to cinque terre! your photos are amazing :)

Julie and Lauren said...

OMG, love this! Looks so gorgeous. I've always wanted to go to Cinque Terre

viv said...

Cinque Terre is amazing! I was there while I studied abroad and LOVED it!
www.fashiontruffles.com

Michelle said...

Cinqueterre might be one of my favorite places in Italy, glad you enjoyed it!

Unknown said...

Oh, one of these days I will visit!

always, koru kate

Anonymous said...

Great pics! Italy is really close to where I live so maybe I will visit this place one day :-)

Alexa said...

Ah I love Cinque Terre...that is where my husband proposed! Such a magical spot!

bridechic said...

One of my fave places--enjoy!

Alyssa said...

I'm going to Italy next summer with my family, and Cinque Terre is on my list of places we must visit. I went to Florence in college, but never made it here!

Stacey @ Likes to Smile said...

WOW!! It really looks like you were in a movie set. I'm in awe! The photographs are beautiful. So happy to hear you had such a great trip!

xoxo

Laura said...

It looks so picturesque! Stunning photograph of you both :) xo

Stesha said...

Italy is a top place on my list of countries to visit and these pictures make me want to go ever more! So glad you had a great time!

xxS

A Very Sweet Blog said...

It is so picturesque! The landscape is gorgeous. I love the dress you're wearing. Very pretty style & color.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Jess said...

Italy is definitely on my bucket list! There's always a good reason to visit Europe!

Unknown said...

These shots are so beautiful - it sounds like a wonderful trip! We hoped to make it to Cinque Terre as part of our honeymoon but never quite got there - one day! We're back to Italy at the end of the month for a week on Lake Garda xo

Meggan said...

That looks like heaven!! Love your dress too! xo

Elle Sees said...

ooh i am loving the pictures!! and it makes me wanna go back to italy!

Unknown said...

I never been there, but I love how the different coloured houses look! It's just adorable!
Love seeing all your beautiful travel pictures :)
xoxo
Suzanne from written by suzanne

Marie said...

Gorgeous pictures!! What a great vacation!! Now, I want to go back to Italy.

Best, Mree
www.twinlivingblog.com

Vanessa said...

Really great photos, looks like a fabulous trip.

And thanks for stopping by! :-)

Vanessa x
www.vanessaeves.com

Johanna said...

That last pic is a great one of you two! So picturesque!

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

You guys are such a gorgeous couple! We have loved these recaps!!

Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

Ashley said...

Cinque Terre was one of my favorite spots in Italy! Love your dress in the last picture!

emily | shell chicd said...

Literally picture-perfect. So so disappointed I never made it to Cinque Terre when I was in Italy, I have heard nothing but amazing things!

Unknown said...

Italy is an amazing country