Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Amazing shakes

First of all... THANK YOU for all of your kind and encouraging comments! I can't tell you how much it means to me to read all of your posts.

Today is Day 2.

Today's Morning Shake:
Becky's Morning Shake
8 ounces of water
3-4 ounces unsweetened Almond Milk
1/2 of an avocado
2 teaspoons organic almond butter
a pinch of sea salt
1 scoop Amazing Meal (vanilla chai)
1T flaxseed meal
1t agave nectar

Teence of nutmeg for taste

This shake is very different. We added the nutmeg to the recipe... which I can really taste this morning. The consistency is great; very smooth and creamy.

Last night's dinner shake:
Mango Cardamom Blast
2 ripe mangoes, peeled and cut into pieces
1 cup coconut water
2 tablespoons dried and unsweetened shredded coconut
Zest and juice of 1 lime
1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
Handful of ice cubes
Garnish with lime zest and freshly ground black pepper
1 scoop Amazing Meal (vanilla chai)
1T flaxseed meal

A little note about the Amazing Meal I have been referring to. I wish I could remember where I first saw Amazing Meal and how I came about their website... but either way, I found it. It's a whole new take on Protein Powder, which can be so grainy and full of chemicals & fillers. Here are the stats for the Vanilla Chai:
We also ordered the Original flavor from their website. We are just awaiting the shipment. In the meantime, we bought a small container at Whole Foods (aka my mecca). I like this product because they use Organic ingredients and a mix of greens and veggies. It's also high in fiber & nutrients and low in fat & sugar.

I realize with all these wordy posts, I am really going to have to start working on some pictures. I will aim for that tomorrow.

11 comments:

Sam W. said...

mmm, yum!! i love some interesting shakes :)

Tatiana said...

Those shakes look interesting. I bet they are really good for you too :-)

Anonymous said...

The mango cardamom shake sounds delicious! Now, to purchase a blender...

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Wow, such interesting and yummy sounding shakes...healthy without being dull. Whole Foods is my favorite, too :)

Callie said...

Wow, good for you for doing the cleanse! The shakes actually look pretty good. . .
Thanks for your comment on my blog -I've been enjoying looking around your blog too! :-)

Christina Kim said...

What a nice list of recipes of interesting shakes to share:)

Sarah said...

Wow-these sound great!! Maybe this whole cleanse thing isn't so bad after all! Looking forward to reading more and seeing pictures!

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

What a delicious shake recipes! Thank you for sharing..they look tasty! I want to try mango cardamom...I love both but didn't think of the combination. YUM!

Annika said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Looks like you love eating as much as I do. Only your food is healthier! :o)

Food Glorious Food! said...

Ohhhh... Almond milk is hard to come by here but I will give Mango cardamom a try :)

birdie to be said...

Thank you for your posts! The recipes given are very unique. I am going to try to invent my own as well to keep my pallet interested for 3 weeks. If you have an great alternatives or ideas... I'm all ears! :)