• Great dress-Classic and elegant
• Holy hats!
• Tasteful first smooch...
But the best part is the little girl in the photo! haha That is the same reaction I have to all this hype!
I have picked a couple fabulous recipes to conjure up this weekend. I hope I can make them taste as good as they look- because I'm pretty freaking excited for some brand new eats! For breaky, the bird and I have chosen 1 (of many!) delicious looking buckwheat bakes from The Edible Perspective. Her blog is awesome! Tons of good recipes and house tips, which is a major plus since the bird and I are in the market! :)
Her food always looks so good... how could I not want to make this myself?!
Oatmeal Pumpkin Bake [serves 1]
- 1/3c rolled oats
- 1/4c pumpkin
- 1/2 banana
- 1 flax egg
- 1T chia seeds
- 1/4t baking powder
- 3T unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2T vanilla extract
- 1t cinnamon
- 1/4t ginger
- pinch of nutmeg/cloves/all spice
- 2T nuts [optional]
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Whisk flax egg together and set aside for ~3-5min.
- In a small bowl mash banana until egg-like.
- Mix in almond milk, pumpkin, + vanilla with a fork.
- Mix in rolled oats, spices, baking powder, and chia seeds.
- Mix in flax egg.
- Lightly grease a small oven-safe dish, add mixture, smooth, and bake for 30 minutes. [I used a personal size soup crock ~2” deep by 5” diameter]
Next newbie... Dinner.
The next delicious meal-to-be comes from another one of my favorites: Fit Foodie Finds. She has a fantastic blog with a lot of great healthy options and delicious looking recipes. The one we will attempt to concur this weekend is Salmon Bean Burgies: (yes, burgies... I love it!)
Salmon Bean Burgies
- Makes 4 hockey puck sized patties: serves 2
- 3/4C garbanzo beans, canned
- 1/4C cooked quinoa
- 4 oz. steamed salmon
- 1T egg whites
- spices: garlic salt, cumin
Looks so good... even the bird, who is a little less ecstatic than I am about healthy new recipes, gave the go ahead! I will let you know how they both turned out! Have a fabulous weekend!